Dienstag, Oktober 03, 2006

Well, I am officially moving to Germany. I bought my plane ticket today, so it's now a go. Weird.
My best friend, Ashley, and I were drinking chai last night and talking. She used a word to describe her feelings about me leaving, and I have decided to adopt that word for this season in my life. What's the word, you may ask? Bittersweet. Bittersweet is so perfect for me right now. I am sad that I am leaving all I know and love, but I am excited about what lies ahead. I know I will look back on this short time of transition between Salem and Germany with fond memories, but really I can't wait to leave the country. At the same time, I feel guilty for wanting to leave so bad. I love my family, but I am ready to move on with my life. Also, it seems to describe all the thoughts and feelings swimming around inside my head. Why do I let things bother me so much? Why do I care whether or not someone likes me? I know I shouldn't let people decide how I am feeling, but I do. I am human, I make mistakes. I am sorry that I am not perfect, just please don't expect me to be. So, bittersweet. That's my word.
(If someone can tell me how to have titles, that would be great! I can't seem to figure it out...)

1 Kommentar:

Ryan hat gesagt…

When do you leave? Do I get to see you before you go??